Setting Up For Multiple Kids In The Same Class
If 2 or more of your kids are attending the same class, here's some extra things you need to know...
Who is this article for?
- You have 2 or more children attending the class at the same time
Equipment & Software
- Each child attending the class will need their own computer as explained in the equipment & software requirements
- You will need to perform the Minecraft setup instructions on each computer
Preventing An Audio Feedback Loop
- If multiple children join the same video conference whilst in the same room, the whole class may hear a horrible screeching sound!
- This is called an audio feedback loop, and we have a few options to prevent it:
Option 1: Each Child In A Different Room
- This is the most foolproof solution
- Place each child in a separate room in the house
- This prevents their microphones interfering with each other and causing the screeching sound
Option 2: Mute One Child
- This option is best if they both want to sit together
- Both children are sitting next to each other, but one child turns of his/her mic
- When talking to the teacher, both children just talk at the computer that isn't muted
- Once you are in the video conference with the teacher, click the 'Mic Off' button at the bottom of the screen