Installing Minecraft (For Windows 10 Users)
If you already have Minecraft installed on your Windows 10 computer, read this to ensure you have the correct version installed.
This article is intended for users who:
- have Windows 10 on their computer
- AND already have Minecraft installed on their computer
About Minecraft On Windows 10
- If you already have Minecraft installed on your Windows 10 computer, it may be 'Minecraft Windows 10 Edition' and not 'Minecraft For Mac/PC: Java Edition'.
- You will need Minecraft for Mac/PC: Java Edition installed.
Step 1: Check Which Version You Have
- If you aren't sure which version you have, try following the setup instructions found here.
- If the screenshots look very different and you can't follow along, you probably have the Windows 10 Edition installed.
Step 2: Install The Java Edition
- If you realise you have Windows 10 Edition installed, just follow the setup instructions found here to install the correct version of Minecraft
- Your child may be concerned about their worlds being destroyed by this new installation. This will not happen, and both versions can be installed on a computer without them interfering with each other.
- You will need to login to Minecraft using the login details we'll lend you, as your Windows 10 Edition login will not work with Java Edition