Please check this list well before the date of your first class. If you have multiple kids attending the same class, they will each require all the equipment & software in this list.
- A Mac or a PC is fine
- A desktop or laptop computer is fine, but not a tablet
- Combination laptop/tablet computers should be ok, as long as you can run Minecraft on it
These aren't suitable:
- Tablets (such as ipads)
- If your computer was born in the 1990s and takes 10 years to load anything then that may be a problem...
A Decent Internet Connection
- If you can Skype or watch youtube videos on your connection with ease, you'll probably be fine
Some kind of mic for talking to the teacher
The class is run via video-conference, so your child will need access to a microphone so the teacher can hear him/her.
- A headset (by far the best option)
- A microphone built into the computer (if you've done a video conference on that computer before, you should be fine)
- Earphones with a microphone (such as the ones that come with a new iPhone)
Google Chrome Web Browser
- Our online software (where your child will write their code) is built for the Google Chrome web browser
- This is a quick, free installation from Google